Tuesday, February 24, 2009



JULIEAN:
A baby’s story

I am Julien and this is my life story.


My mom studies in a girl’s school and my dad’s into aircraft thingy. I am never really sure how old mom and dad are now, but I heard Gran shouting “You two 18-year olds! Come back here and feed Juliean!”

Well, they really don’t have enough time for me. I wouldn’t even be able to recognize that Julia is my mom if not for Granny always reminding her to feed her baby called Juliean. I would not be able to recognize my dad (Jerkin) if I never heard Julia call him “stupid”. In one way or another, I suppose that’s how lovers call each other nowadays. I can see it on TV; can hear it even from our neighbor’s mouth when she gets into a fight with her drunkard husband. I wonder, is this how bad the world is?

I was born on July 12th of the year I do not know. I came out of Julia’s womb after fighting the pills she took when I was still seven months old. When Julia drank those pills, it was raining acid inside her tummy and I almost drown. But, I thought: “Mom’s just trying to give me a shower, maybe this is how spa is outside. I love mommy so much.” Julia kept on taking tablets and I kept avoiding them when they started to burn my thin skin. One day, the pills did not only burn my skin, they melt into acids that flowed directly to my eyes. I felt my pupils dilate and the nerves were burning. Still, I thought: “Mommy loves me, she just happened to take the wrong pill, she won’t hurt my eyes for I am her angel.”

While Julia was taking all the seemingly wrong pills, my dad Jerkin is busying himself with other girls and drug sessions. One night, as I lay sleeping in Julia’s womb- so dark and disheartening, Jerkin came to the house and started shouting. Afterwards, both of them were screaming, cursing each other because I was created. Words of hatred and pride and blame- I was awaken in curiosity. “You decided for this, you alone!” Julia screamed. “You decided with me! Don’t give me all the blame,” Jerkin reasoned out.

I tried to go back to sleeping but my dear Julia and Jerkin were so noisy they make me nervous. Until granny woke up or so as I could hear from the walls of Julia’s tummy, “STOP that arguing you two. You’re waking everybody in town. You, Jerkin, go home and grab sleep. You, Juliana, get to bed because your baby needs sleep.”

Granny was my heroine- thanks to her I could now sleep. As she goes out of the room, the breeze coming in from outside the window carries her murmur of disappointment and despair. Granny was so disappointed with her only daughter, Julia, who got unexpectedly pregnant at 16, when she was only starting her Nursing degree. She was in despair of being a mother to a daughter who just cared for her when she needs money, money and nothing else. She was in despair for being a mother who had never predicted of her child to be pregnant at such a young age. She was in total despair of losing the dreams, not for herself but for Julia to the extreme. She was disappointed because she loses her Julia, she doesn’t know her anymore.

Anyway, you may not fully understand why my Granny, Julia, Jerkin and I came to this point. Let me tell you how I came to being. Not of course the scientific explanation of two cells uniting, I’m still in Kindergarten and things like these are supposed to be discussed in elementary.  Well, let me start Julia and Jerkin’s “lOOoove” story.

When Julia entered college, she never had plans to get herself involved in any relationship. She plans to go abroad when she finishes a degree in Nursing and petition granny for migration. Julia was expected to become somebody in college for she was a class valedictorian. Jerkin, on the other hand is a 16-year old spoiled brat who according to Julia, only depends on my governor grandpa.

One day, in a Bio (what do you mean by Bio? I’ve only heard this story from Granny) class, Jerkin was trying to impress the teacher when Julia blocked him from bragging. This started their irritations of each other and you know, irritations always end to attractions. So puppy love. They fell in love and were lured with worldly things. And poof! I was created- born into this world with physical disabilities, came out with the pupils of my eyes dilated, my skin has burn-like traces from the acids Julia was taking way back. When I came out, Julia was again, for the nth time around, cursing my birth.

Julia, my teenage mom, was wishing for my life to end when it hasn’t even really started yet. She couldn’t accept me for being a “monster”. Julia always called me that- a monster.

Jerkin on the other hand, says that I’m the biggest mistake he has ever made. He says that I’m the second dirtiest trash next to Julia. *sigh* my dad’s a jerk, too, I suppose. However, I love him. I love both of them and I’m going to love them forever.

Even if Julia resorted to abortion and even if Jerkin never cared for me, I still am their baby. I am Juliean.

Despite my disabilities, despite the results of my parents’ lust or too much “love” for each other, I still am lucky to be born in this world.

I am Juliean and this is my life story.


No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=2fb957db757e87c67565371a434fdc2c ss_blog_claim=2fb957db757e87c67565371a434fdc2c